Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word Wrap and Cursor position
When Word-wrap is on, it places characters on the right side of the cursor instead of the left like when Word-wrap is not on.

is that normal for programs? I'd rather it put things always on the left all the time; is that possible?
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
How I can reproduce this behavior? On my computer, caret (text cursor) is always at the right.
Odd...(btw:i have 2303).

might it be due to these setting (that I just remembered I was setting in my init2).
Function Set_Editor_Cursors
Code:
Copy      Help
SendMessage id(2210 _hwndqm) SCI.SCI_SETCARETSTYLE 2 0
SendMessage id(2211 _hwndqm) SCI.SCI_SETCARETSTYLE 2 0
SendMessage id(2210 _hwndqm) SCI.SCI_SETCARETFORE 0xFF5E5E 0
SendMessage id(2211 _hwndqm) SCI.SCI_SETCARETFORE 0xFF5E5E 0
SendMessage id(2211 _hwndqm) SCI.SCI_SETCARETPERIOD 200 0
SendMessage id(2210 _hwndqm) SCI.SCI_SETCARETPERIOD 200 0

The Macro Hook
Still the same.
Maybe I incorrectly understand. When you type a character, it is covered by the blinking rectangle?
did you try it on a wrapped line? I just found that it seems it only happens when the line is wrapped.

The Macro Hook
Yes.
when i usually type with a block caret, the letter is placed to the left of the character that is highlighted by the caret. when i'm on a wrapped line the new character goes to the right.

also, when it blinks, it alternates showing the character it is currently on and the character to the right.

The Macro Hook
My Unicode was off. When Unicode, and changed caret, it is like you say. Don't know can I fix it because it is not in my source code. But will try. Thank you.
thanks!

The Macro Hook
It is related to wrap indicator arrows. Works well when arrow at line beginning removed. Run this:

Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
SendMessage id(2210 _hwndqm) SCI.SCI_SETWRAPVISUALFLAGS 1 0
SendMessage id(2211 _hwndqm) SCI.SCI_SETWRAPVISUALFLAGS 1 0

----

interesting:
If wrap line indentation of several characters used (SCI_SETWRAPSTARTINDENT), the block caret is several characters to the left.
that did it!
I looked in the Options to see if i could add some formatting to the wrapped lines. is there a way to do that outside the Options dialog at this time?

The Macro Hook
I usually recognize wrapped lines by missing line numbers.
Setting a background color of "Active line" in Options also may help.
No more.
oooooo....that's a good idea. i'll hook it up to wrap and set the line numbers at the same time (since i'm a freak about viewable # of characters).

thanks.

The Macro Hook