Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registering hot keys, waiting for hotkeys
Hey Gintaras… I've been trying to implement something like this in a long macro I wrote, but for some reason I doesn't seem to work.  What I'd like is to have a hotkey assigned at the beginning of the macro, if that hotkey is pressed it will run a function until the hotkey is pressed again, thus causing the macro to pause.  When the hotkey is pressed again it continues where it left off.  I'm not quite sure if I'm explaining this properly, but so far the examples you've given althou they work for the example don't quite work in anything else.  So, let's say I've got a long macro that takes 10 minutes to run.  As it's running (say 3 minutes into the macro) I press CTRL-SCROLL LOCK and it will pause the running macro by going to a looping function that sits there and waits for me to look for CTRL-SCROLL LOCK or ESC (if ESCAPE is pressed the macro ends).  If it sees the CTRL-SCROLL LOCK button pressed, it exists the function and returns to the spot in the macro where it was "paused" from.  Now I'm not talking about a thread pause, I'm talking about a simple old BASIC command like "ON KEY GOSUB FUNCTION" and "RETURN".  That would effectively pause any running macro and allow it to resume if it's pressed again or ended if the ESCAPE key is pressed.  Make sense?

Messages In This Thread