Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,001
» Latest member: MacroMarco
» Forum threads: 6,348
» Forum posts: 34,249

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 7 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 7 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Combining findrx and Levn...
Forum: General
Last Post: Imagez
Yesterday, 03:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 32
Limit OpenSaveDialog to a...
Last Post: Gintaras
01-21-2018, 03:42 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
Dialog Style
01-20-2018, 06:21 AM
» Views: 69
Match word letter by lett...
01-19-2018, 04:29 PM
» Views: 46
Running macro on backgrou...
01-15-2018, 01:08 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 205
Find, click in search res...
Forum: Wish List
Last Post: r0n
01-15-2018, 10:38 AM
» Views: 69
Background send message, ...
Last Post: ilya1111
01-08-2018, 06:07 PM
» Views: 300
Hotkeys doesnt work
Forum: Bug Reports
01-07-2018, 07:50 AM
» Views: 85
find only first image
Last Post: ilya1111
01-04-2018, 01:00 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 152
wait for image problem
Last Post: john_b
12-28-2017, 08:42 PM
» Views: 100

I love this program!
Posted by: Jahandar - 03-02-2003, 06:07 AM - Forum: General - Replies (1)

:wink:

Print this item

Reading and writing from a log file
Posted by: paul - 02-24-2003, 01:41 AM - Forum: General - Replies (1)

What a great macro program. I was faced with an obsticle that involved the manual spooling of print jobs to a specific printer, with a time delay between spooling. This software has allowed me to perform the action effortlessly, by prompting me for the number of records to be spooled and the wait between spooling.

However the print server that we are running requires a shut down and restart after 80 jobs have been spooled. Is there a way I can count the number of times the macro is run, and create a tabulation of the number of times the PC has spooled to the printer, so that when it reachs 80, it provides me with a prompt saying print server needs to be restarted.

Can I do this by writing to and reading from a txt file, every time the macro is run.

Print this item

Working with CMD and Java Objects
Posted by: Scott Lloyd - 02-20-2003, 08:25 PM - Forum: General - Replies (36)

I am writing a macro that needs to respond to batch prompts and interpret output using the "DOS" CMD program using Windows 2000. Is there a mode or command set that works with this?

Also, is it possible to intercept and interact with Java Objects and Events? I presume not, but any tips or tricks would be extremely useful.

:!: Excellent macro language, by the way! I highly recommend this product. :!:

Print this item

window size
Posted by: ken gray - 02-19-2003, 04:32 PM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

:?
im trying to get the window size of the act window but im having problems.
i thought i could use this to get it

function# hwnd *x *y [*width] [*height]
outp x
'Y
outp y
'Y
outp width
'Y
outp height

but my outputs are 0 0 0 0 respectivly... can anyone offer a suggestion?
ps: i used to use

var1 = width
var2 = height
etc.

thanks.

Print this item

icons
Posted by: Guest - 02-17-2003, 06:16 AM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

I am evaluating qm, which seems the most powerful macro utility ive seen but I cannot get an icon to show-all appear as the 'ico' default icon. Even your icons in your default menu are as this. Icons appear fine in all other programs I have, any suggestions to get icons to appear correctly, or why it is doing this? (I have fairly generic xp system, and per above no other icon/image problems. Thanks & nice program.

Print this item

Radio buttons and fields syntax
Posted by: Bobsterz - 02-07-2003, 07:22 PM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

Hi, this is a wonderful program. All the other macro programs seem to have fatal flaws. I love to see a programmer with vision in action!

I'm not sure how to activate a radio button, and place the cursor in a field without using mouse placement.

I was trying to just tab into place, but for some reason this would never work in the Access based case management program I'm using.

So I tried to master the syntax for ID's using things like this:

but id(8 "Select Client")

where "select client" is the name of the window and id8 is the name of the radio button that is shown in the QM screen when I put the cursor over the button.

This didn't work either. I'm getting by with mouse placement, but I'd like to work with this window in more than one size.

Did I get the but id syntax wrong?

Any ideas why tabbing through fields won't work to place the curson in this Access program? I'm sure I'm using T properly since I'm doing fine with this type of macro element.

Thanks for any ideas! 8)

Print this item

phpBB Issues
Posted by: s_p_a_n - 01-27-2003, 12:41 PM - Forum: General - No Replies

I was informed of a couple private messages, but on checking, found my Inbox empty. On experimenting i found that deleting a message from your Outbox deletes it from the recipients Inbox also! Yet theres no indication of this there, unless you read the phpbb users guide. So if u want your messages to be received dont delete them from your Outbox... (Oh if only phpbb could forward my messages directly to my email...) :wink: :roll: :?

Quote:What is phpBB? phpBB is a high powered, fully scalable, and highly customisable open-source bulletin board package. - phpBB web site

What is PHP?
"Personal HomePage Tools" - webreference.com - Intro to php; "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor" - webopedia.com

PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. This confuses many people because the first word of the acronym is the acronym. This type of acronym is called a recursive acronym. The curious can visit Free On-Line Dictionary of Computing FOLDOC for more information on recursive acronyms. - php home page

Recursive Acronym: <convention> A hackish (and especially MIT) tradition is to choose acronyms and abbreviations that refer humorously to themselves or to other acronyms or abbreviations. The classic examples were two MIT editors called EINE (EINE Is Not Emacs) and ZWEI (ZWEI Was EINE Initially). More recently, there is a Scheme compiler called LIAR (Liar Imitates Apply Recursively), and GNU stands for GNU's Not Unix! - and a company with the name CYGNUS, which expands to Cygnus, Your GNU Support. See also mung.
[Jargon File] (1995-04-28) - FOLDOC: Free Online dictionary of computing

Other links: webmonkey.com - php tutorial; php manual by PHP Documentation Group

Print this item

can't get rget to work properly
Posted by: t21hall - 01-23-2003, 09:49 AM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

I want to manipulate the registry in one of my macros, but I can't get rget to work. Here's my test macro:

run "notepad.exe" "" "" "" 1 "Notepad"
int port = 5
key "value before = "
outp port
key Y
rget port "TCPIPDataPort" "SOFTWARE\Symantec\pcANYWHERE\CurrentVersion\System" "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE")
key "value after = "
outp port

When I compile I get "Error in test: expected numeric expression." on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

It works using the default hive,

rget(port "Identity Ordinal" "Identities")

but not for any other hives. Have I misunderstood something? Is there a numeric value for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and if so what is it?

Print this item

holding keys
Posted by: Jahandar - 01-16-2003, 08:46 PM - Forum: General - Replies (2)

Hello,

I am trying to make a macro that would hold down a key as some other actions (mouse clicks) are performed. It's for a menu that is only open when the key is being held down. When the key is released the menu goes away. From what I can tell, using braces (like p{whatever}) doesn't work, because the key is released and repressed between each action. I think something like lef+ and lef- statements, but for normal keys would work well.

Is there already a way to do this that I've overlooked? If not, could you consider implementing this feature?

Thanks

Print this item

Supporting Applications for QM
Posted by: s_p_a_n - 01-16-2003, 09:36 AM - Forum: General - No Replies

ShowDLL by Dincer KAVRAAL: Freeware

ShowDLL lists the functions available to be called in a DLL file. Run the program, get the function names, and copy them to your DLL statements in QM 2: prevents "function not found" errors.

I was using QM Extensions for the first time, but a Random Number Generator i got from the net listed its function names incorrectly. But now i can take any DLL file and easily find its routines to do some awesome programming. Smile

Download: Server1 | Server2 - (ZIP Format)

(linked from DLL Files and Tools)

Here would be a good place for people to post other applications to use with QM. I'll also post more as i come across them.

Print this item